Ok, I admit. Sometimes I crave cheese! It is not happening very often as I haven’t been eating it for almost 1 year now. (Cheese was actually the last thing I gave up when I transformed myself into a vegan .) On my way of discovering various vegan flavours, I found a nice simple combination that works great to get cheese flavour: Nuts or seeds + lemon+ NUTRITIONAL YEAST! The yeast is especially important to get this flavour and in addition, it’s packed with vitamin B and proteins. Let’s have a look how to make this cheesy yeasty spread.
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds (soaked overnight)
- 2 large carrots
- juice of ½ - 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- spices to your taste, I used 1 tsp. Kari powder + ½ tsp. Turmeric + ½ tsp. Chili
- herbs to your taste, I used fresh Parsley
- Blend everything a food processor/ blender until you get this semi-smooth consistency.