To be honest, I didn’t really believe this could taste so good and authentic. And yes, it is really creamy. In a vegan way, of course. RAW mushroom sauce is perfect for any kind of “veggie pasta”.
- 1 cup RAW cashews (soaked)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Tamari Soy Sauce (enough to marinate the mushrooms)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds - Golden for marinating, Black for sprinkle
- Carrots (sliced with a peeler)
- Put the sliced mushrooms in a bowl, add the olive oil, sesame seeds and tamari sauce (just enough to cover the mushrooms). Stir properly and set aside for at least 1 hour. To make the sauce, add the soaked cashews in a blender, add drained mushrooms + a bit of the marinade. Blend until you get creamy sauce. Adjust the taste by adding a pinch or two of black pepper. If too thick, add more marinade or water. Stir in the sauce in carrot "pasta" (just sliced carrots) and sprinkle with more sesame seeds.