I promised to my friends to prepare some sugar-free / gluten-free / vegan / RAW (yes, all in one) “sweets” for christmas season. And here it goes – my favorite and ultra delicious alternative to “eggnog”. This one is kids-friendly (= no alcohol). But don’t be sad – you can always add your favorite rum or bourbon. I skipped that part for this recipe cause I tend to drink this “eggnog” for breakfast.
- 2 cups Almond or Coconut Milk
- 5 tbsp. RAW cashews
- 3 tbsp. shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 medjool dates (pitted and soaked in water for a while)
- pinch of vanilla seeds (from vanilla pod) or vanilla essence
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You can always adjust the amount of cashews / milk to make it as thick as you like. I do not generally like it too sweet (I only use dates), but feel free to add some RAW agave nectar to make it sweeter.