Carrot soup with Roasted Chickpeas
Recipe type: Soup
- 10 large carrots
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon chili (or more if you like it hot)
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- vegetable stock
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Coconut oil
- 1 can chickpea
- In a large pot heat up 2 spoons of coconut oil. Add diced onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add all the spices (turmeric, paprika, chilli), ginger and sliced garlic and roast over medium heat until the spice gets roasted. Add chopped carrots and roast for 3 minutes. Add vegetable broth, just enough to cover all the carrots. Let cook over low heat until the carrot gets tender (20 minutes). Meanwhile roast the chickpea on coconut oil until slightly golden. Finally, blend the soup with a hand blender until completely smooth. Add some more stock or hot water if too thick. Add salt if needed.
- Served sprinkled with fresh herbs (parsley or cilantro) and roasted chickpea.