I had no idea this could taste so good when I was looking for a black bean recipe. I call it “pastika” as visually it reminds me of this typical czech spread. It’s good for tacos, as well as nachos dip. I prefer it as a dip for celery stalk or bell peppers. The combination of sun-dried tomatoes and beans supported by onion is so nice.
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sundried tomatoes in oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 small scallions (or spring onion)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the beans, sundried tomatoes and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Add diced scallion or onion, salt, pepper and sesame seeds and mix properly. Serve sprinkled with some extra sundried tomatoes, seeds and scallion.